Thursday, November 16, 2006

indiecontextual's top albums #5-22

listen next week for the top 4!


#5. nirvana--unplugged in new york (about a girl, plateau) *nevermind and in utero were also contenders for this spot
#6. beck--mellow gold (truck drivin neighbor downstairs, nitemare hippy girl) *mutations once occupied my #1 spot, and one foot in the grave, sea change, and midnite vultures are also among my favourites
#7. bjork--debut (there's more to life than this, like someone in love) *could hardly go wrong with post, homogenic or vespertine either
#8. bob dylan--bringing it all back home (on the road again, it's alright ma [I'm only bleeding]) *I also love freewheelin', another side, bob dylan, and desire
#9. the white stripes--the white stripes (when I hear my name, do) *white blood cells is my second favourite
#10. john lennon--plastic ono band (working-class hero)
#11. bright eyes--lifted, or the story is in the soil, keep your ear to the ground (from a balance beam)
#12. neutral milk hotel--on the aeroplane over the sea (king of carrot flowers, pt. 1)
#13. pavement--crooked rain, crooked rain (range life)
#14. the velvet underground--the velvet underground and nico (I'm waiting for the man)
#15. weezer--pinkerton (pink triangle)
#16. fiery furnaces--gallowsbird bark (I'm gonna run)
#17. wolf parade--apologies to the queen mary (we built another world)
#18. joanna newsom--the milk-eyed mender (the book of right on)
#19. sunset rubdown--shut up I am dreaming (us ones in between)
#20. the modern lovers--the modern lovers (pablo picasso)
#21. the strokes--is this it (hard to explain)
#22. animal collective--feels (grass) *sung tongs is also maniacally infectious



#. artist--album (songs I played) *other exceptional albums to check out

1 Comments:

Blogger Wayne Massingham said...

can i just say what a great list, 12 is number one all time for me, 13 basically shaped my world and i suspect 17 and 19 might move up in years to come.

5:36 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home